• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing ! Continues on into winter with well above normal temps and we could be looking at one of the most comfortable periods in history , how does that sound ? Mild summer mild winter . Comfort is the name of the game right ? Right ?!?
There's nothing comfortable about 70F dewpoints.

Short range modeling has been hot garage all summer long. We know better than that…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While yes .. you can’t overcome a sagging cold front and a worked over atmosphere .. don’t usually work out in your favor .. I’ll hope for the best always tho

Another beneficial thunderstorm here early this afternoon with nice rains of at least 1/4". Near 8" for the MTD. We've got a decent shot at a 10"+ month here! We don't see those all that often unless there's a TC involved, which there was (Elsa).

Further west in western Chatham county including the airport, there has been much less though still somewhat above normal of over 4" MTD.

Edit: My total from that storm ended up near 0.45". There is thunder again and a 2nd storm appears on the doorstep.

Edit #2: My total for the day ended up at ~0.75".

Last edited:
Another beneficial thunderstorm here early this afternoon with nice rains of at least 1/4". Near 8" for the MTD. We've got a decent shot at a 10"+ month here! We don't see those all that often unless there's a TC involved, which there was (Elsa).

Further west in western Chatham county including the airport, there has been much less though still somewhat above normal of over 4" MTD.
I guess western Chatham didn't benefit from Elsa's rain as much ?

Y'all think we lying about the sink zone. Uh uh!

View attachment 86807

f2a5c8a926f45c37237dc1564aa6373e.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp, today is looking to a bust temperature-wise. As of 2pm, we're still struggling to get above 85*F with low clouds & convective debris, never mind the forecast in the low 90s.

Meh don’t see much for today and tomorrow for CLT-RDU the boundary is south and there’s a cape minimum across much of central NC, maybe some low topped showers, but that main boundary is gonna be south the next couple of days

Meh don’t see much for today and tomorrow for CLT-RDU the boundary is south and there’s a cape minimum across much of central NC, maybe some low topped showers, but that main boundary is gonna be south the next couple of days
James??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back