• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

IMG-20220126-212419429.jpg

Did tropical tidbits make changes to the EURO model on there website? It only shows 00z and 06z and only goes out to like 90 hours
Yes a lot more parameters now. 500 vort on the high res.. precip.. it's good.. snowfall and ptype maps still not there.. but can't help what the euro is giving out for free. Better than what we had.

The 18 & 06z runs only go to 90. The 00 and 12 will do 240

The MJO has been inside the circle (mainly left half) since January 15th along with a +PNA. Since then, the SE US has had BN most days (coldest period of winter) along with a bonus of two significant winter storms in portions of the SE (mainly NE GA to Carolinas). This MJO/PNA pattern looks to continue through an upcoming third wintry event (good portion of Carolinas):

8AB14094-22E1-471E-B228-7B2BED686814.gif
E2E220FA-8B0B-4135-A808-03C05BD69905.gif

The MJO has been inside the circle (mainly left half) since January 15th along with a +PNA. Since then, the SE US has had BN most days (coldest period of winter) along with a bonus of two significant winter storms in portions of the SE (mainly NE GA to Carolinas). This MJO/PNA pattern looks to continue through an upcoming third wintry event (good portion of Carolinas):

View attachment 110952
View attachment 110953
I remember when we were suppose to “loop back into phase 6” like a month ago .. thought the models were over doing that a bit and look at us now .. stuck in winters grasp

I remember when we were suppose to “loop back into phase 6” like a month ago .. thought the models were over doing that a bit and look at us now .. stuck in winters grasp

Nice observation although that (going into phase 6) was only the Euro’s prediction. The Euro has been doing poorly overall with the GEFS doing way better as it has largely kept it inside the circle.

14 This morning, and i don't know how many other teens. Lowest so far this month was 10, and to think i was wearing shorts in the beginning.

Reactions: SD
Back