• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

A triple phase? How can you tell that with those maps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure triple phase you can tell by looking at the 250mb wind speed plot like above. Just means all the energy is in one stream if I'm certain. Stacked lows from the surface up.

I'm pretty sure triple phase you can tell by looking at the 250mb wind speed plot like above. Just means all the energy is in one stream if I'm certain. Stacked lows from the surface up.

9a1eb627cc2ad619f977925f40ce0dc1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
If that is the storm in the 180hr range, don’t be shocked to see that trend south.
The south of Montgomery trend when lows are that far south? Lol don't understand why they do that. They're either Northwest of the Alabama state line or south of Montgomery never in-between lol

S

The south of Montgomery trend when lows are that far south? Lol don't understand why they do that. They're either Northwest of the Alabama state line or south of Montgomery never in-between lol
Wouldn’t be surprised to see that trend into a winter storm threat for some parts of the south(probably the TN area. )

Wouldn’t be surprised to see that trend into a winter storm threat for some parts of the south(probably the TN area. )
What's interesting is it's had an idea of overunning cold and precip on the backside of system for places west of our state, if we play our cards right we might see a few snowflakes with this getting south of Montgomery and.moving Northeast lol.

What's interesting is it's had an idea of overunning cold and precip on the backside of system for places west of our state, if we play our cards right we might see a few snowflakes with this getting south of Montgomery and.moving Northeast lol.
This is the idea I was referring too, it's only these last couple of runs it seems to close off the low, and do away with the overrunning backside precip. Screenshot_20220126-171148.png

January of 2022 is going to join the ranks of some memorable Jan’s in the SE like 2018, 2014, 2011, 2005, 2002, and 2000.

Definitely for a lot of areas. Tennessee and northern Alabama had some good storms, and northeastern Georgia up through the Carolinas had a great January. CAE got their first measurable snow in quite some years, which was great to see. Beech Mountain has had 43.5 inches of snow for the month, which is incredible for them.

I would give MBY a solid B- with slightly above normal temps and a nice 2" event that most of the area missed. For KATL its a solid C+ with slightly above normal temps, a meager .3" of snowfall.

Back