• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

Low further offshore. Much better

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_32.png

High of only 30°F at RDU today! Coldest high temperature at RDU since January 2018!
I’ve been in Durham for four years now and today was easily the coldest day I can remember. Not only it being 25 or 26 but the wind was around 10-15 MPH all day

Exciting prospects for next weekend. Fingers are crossed. Yes, the models nailed the 93 Storm and what a great storm that was.

I almost hate to bring this up and I probably shouldn’t as it appears I am being negative. But I still haven’t gotten over what was called Groundhogzilla … I think about 2009?? Perhaps the greatest model failure we have seen …

I hope next week we are enjoying a winter storm that we will also talk about for the ages like 93. And hopefully the models lock in and nail it rather than pulling the rug from us and slapping us upside the head with it.

Back