• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

This has no impact on the blizzard wave, but it seems with these major systems around 7 days out there's a clear indication of a red letter day. Blizzard of 93, I remember reading from blogs or James spann can't remember whom, but the blizzard of 93 was very concise and consistent from a decent ways out on what it was going to do. And same for April 27th 2011. Of course things will change here and there but it's something to keep a eye on, major systems from what I have noticed tend to stick to the same idea from a decent ways out.

That 1993 Triple Phaser march historic Blizzard was seen and adverised/ locked down 5 days out: verified
Not exagerating, went through it in the mtns: Local wx man, Weather Channel, all saw it coming. If those old models could catch it back then, tells me they have a lot easier time seeing these big Kahoonas from 5-7 days out.

This has no impact on the blizzard wave, but it seems with these major systems around 7 days out there's a clear indication of a red letter day. Blizzard of 93, I remember reading from blogs or James spann can't remember whom, but the blizzard of 93 was very concise and consistent from a decent ways out on what it was going to do. And same for April 27th 2011. Of course things will change here and there but it's something to keep a eye on, major systems from what I have noticed tend to stick to the same idea from a decent ways out.
The 93 storm was on track but took a decisive 100-150 move southeast 2-3 days out. I live in northwest middle tenn and my area including western Kentucky was supposed to get clobbered the track made that one shift and never waived from it. It missed Clarksville altogether and missed all of northwest tenn and Kentucky who had been under the bullseye for 2-3 days or more. Southern middle and southeast tenn racked up. Your right the track didn’t make many moves but the one it did make took a lot of folks out of the fun that thought they were going to get. It was tough to miss such a historic storm by less than 30 miles.

The 93 storm was on track but took a decisive 100-150 move southeast 2-3 days out. I live in northwest middle tenn and my area including western Kentucky was supposed to get clobbered the track made that one shift and never waived from it. It missed Clarksville altogether and missed all of northwest tenn and Kentucky who had been under the bullseye for 2-3 days or more. Southern middle and southeast tenn racked up. Your right the track didn’t make many moves but the one it did make took a lot of folks out of the fun that thought they were going to get. It was tough to miss such a historic storm by less than 30 miles.
Still was consistent on a pretty bad storm though. The track will always wobble some. If this is a big storm it'll be pretty consistent from here on out. What will change will be the 50 miles shifts and stuff. If this is a major system where likely seeing what it'll look like right now. But of course I'm doing weenie talk. I'm not going to believe until about 5 days out

They locked on the storm last weekend from pretty far out and it bombed out not that far north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all reality, all you guys in the possible snow zone need to buy your groceries soon if the trend continues, stores are already low on stuff, but with wording of a major snow. Things are going to get downright stupid. Not to mention if the wording of 93 blizzard is even mentioned by a TV meteorologist

In all reality, all you guys in the possible snow zone need to buy your groceries soon if the trend continues, stores are already low on stuff, but with wording of a major snow. Things are going to get downright stupid. Not to mention if the wording of 93 blizzard is even mentioned by a TV meteorologist
For real one reason I model watch is general preparedness and correct by Monday/Tuesday if the outlook is still going strong I'll be stocking up early

Went from High 70's to snowflakes flying with hurricane force winds here on the Coast, (ILM).. I was driving down 17 towards ILM that day.. from Bolivia.. with-in 30 minutes..

Back