• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Januworry

View attachment 103059Come to me you beautiful blue paint
That's sleet
1642561200-h1Yb8yqdoig.png

5f48b3cba7458c5d70f83a488e912e3a.jpg

I don’t know about everyone here but it is very very rare that WRAL shows something like this when it’s 6 to 7 days out. Could be something to this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GSP doesn’t offer much detail in their discussion, but they have added a chance of rain/snow to my forecast grid on Saturday night and Sunday

Wyff just showed the euro model for this weekend and said there watching for a winter storm this weekend In upstate and mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As many of you know, I've been keeping track of wintery models in the LR with the archive thread. I decided to visually graph out which seasons were the best as far as fantasy snow with Python. As I've mentioned earlier, this year has been the least snowy season on the models; mainly due to the warmth in December. However, we have just surpassed 2019-2020 and are in the #2 spot.

synoptic_composite.png

As many of you know, I've been keeping track of wintery models in the LR with the archive thread. I decided to visually graph out which seasons were the best as far as fantasy snow with Python. As I've mentioned earlier, this year has been the least snowy season on the models; mainly due to the warmth in December. However, we have just surpassed 2019-2020 and are in the #2 spot.

View attachment 103092
Cool graphics. How are you compiling the data? Operational runs? GFS Euro?

Cool graphics. How are you compiling the data? Operational runs? GFS Euro?
Thanks, I just went to the archive thread and saved the days I posted something there. The criteria as to what runs go in the thread are slightly more subjective. I really only post globals models in the long term. I stop tracking them when we start seeing consistent NAM/HRRR/GFS runs because it can get cluttered.

Back