• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January Thread - The Final Chapter

00z cmc squeezed out a little moisture . not much , but a little

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looking like some flurries for most who see moisture, not quite sure we will end up with more than that. These situations never work out, especially outside of the mountains and TN.

I honestly call BS on the GFS long range, granted I'm not a met so I may be missing something, but you're telling me that there's going to be a big storm and no pattern change?

I honestly call BS on the GFS long range, granted I'm not a met so I may be missing something, but you're telling me that there's going to be a big storm and no pattern change?
technically the pattern does change , a few times actually. problem is its very progressive .

the good news is the epo is going to empty the cold into the US in the first half of February . Signs of NAO help as well ( not holding my breath ) but as we have said before we don't need the nao to score

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We still have a quite a ways to go. I still believe that clipper will come down sooner while the trough is digging down. I think the clipper should come down a few days or so after that cold front that is going to bring us rain showers Wed. into Thursday. I'm still skeptical at this point for the last several days of this month into Feburary because of that disturbance hanging out over Baja California. Something has to help kick it out. It just hangs there way too long. This also makes me believe at this point that the clipper will come down sooner to grab a hold of that disturbance and kick it out.

This is what's holding me back on to say official thoughts on what I think may occur. The four biggest things that has me concerned is the ridge out in the Atlantic, the low poping up out in the Atlantic (on 0z CMC), the clipper coming down and that disturbance hanging out over Baja California. There are several variables here at play that can change things very dramatically.

Edit: make that 5 variables, including the northern stream.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

The EURO is not what it used to be before their "upgrade" several years ago. Hard to believe they fixed it (according to them) by actually breaking it, go figure

I would not yet give up on the clipper Sunday night, Euro last night came in much more amplified and west with the trough, showing a trace of snow in some areas. It basically flipped solutions with the GFS, which is now east and dry! LoL. But maybe the Euro is starting to catch on, and the GFS is back to its northern stream bias. I would put the odds on nothing happening, but the players are still close enough to not write it off.

I would not yet give up on the clipper Sunday night, Euro last night came in much more amplified and west with the trough, showing a trace of snow in some areas. It basically flipped solutions with the GFS, which is now east and dry! LoL. But maybe the Euro is starting to catch on, and the GFS is back to its northern stream bias. I would put the odds on nothing happening, but the players are still close enough to not write it off.
I just saw the Euro....works for me

Yep would work for me too SD, after the last fiasco we would both take a few extra flakes we were "denied".

I just saw the Euro....works for me
Me too.... I'll take the dusting the Euro is throwing us. Seen this too many times, GFS shows something, Euro nothing then GFS goes away and Euro keeps hope alive Lol.... meet in the middle and we will be up squinting at street/yard lights to see a few flakes fly.

from huntsville
Sunday Night
A slight chance of rain between 7pm and 1am, then a slight chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Monday
A 20 percent chance of snow.

Well. This 12z GFS run could be interesting for some.

Back