• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January Thread - The Final Chapter

Did I miss something? Earlier everybody was looking at the GFS and CMC like "This is close" and now Winter is slipping away?
Yeah, I don't get that. Just cause the Euro model is showing something different that doesn't mean it will verify. Is it possible? Sure. But it's just one model run. I haven't looked at the Euro yet, but I will and post my opinions.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

This winter is slipping away boys and girls.
I guess we are going to do this every day and every other model run. Would we all like to have seen some more snow by now? Sure we would. However we are still a week away from February which has been our best month for snow recently. I find it quite amusing how every year as soon as January 1st hits and we haven't had snow some people are so quick to say winter fail.

I guess we are going to do this every day and every other model run. Would we all like to have seen some more snow by now? Sure we would. However we are still a week away from February which has been our best month for snow recently. I find it quite amusing how every year as soon as January 1st hits and we haven't had snow some people are so quick to say winter fail.
How much snow have you had this winter ? I've had close to 3" so i imagine you've had a lot more being way up near the KY border.

I'm not trying to be negative. If we only keep getting good looks at 10+ days away we will be in mid march before you know it. I've had a 3" snow and want all you guys to get more

This winter is slipping away boys and girls.
be6f6fd058d4657bc9e97a139a578f62.jpg

How much snow have you had this winter ? I've had close to 3" so i imagine you've had a lot more being way up near the KY border.
I've gotten a grand total of a half an inch.I had one day of sleet followed by dandruff size snow flakes the next day. Then a half an inch of snow from the same system that gave you 3 inches. It's definitely been one of the worst winters up here to this point in time especially if you add the extremely warm temps. But the 14/15 winter was also really bad all the way up until the 15th of February in which I got 4 or 5 inches of snow that stayed on the ground for over two weeks. That was followed by 5 inches of snow which is why I'm not close to calling it a winter just yet.

12z euro ensembles are HORRIBLE. I can't find one interesting member out of 50. They say move along nothing to see

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

12z euro ensembles are HORRIBLE. I can't find one interesting member out of 50. They say move along nothing to see

May be time to go out to the shed and dust my tiller off...(sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euro is the King.

Let's head to the February thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't exactly dismiss what the GFS is saying either, showing the clipper 6 runs in a row. Still too far out. Euro has busted this winter already, so it isn't exactly king. Just have to watch it.
it's not dismissing it , the clipper will be there. it's the trough orientation. the gfs is the only model that has the trough that far SW even the gfs ensembles are east of the op. Sure it could be right . but we are 5 days out and nothing is trending towards that solution at the moment .

gefs,eps and euro vs the gfs

hell I'll even give the gfs the ukmet even though it's further east as well

Back