• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9 Wintery Weather Potential!

Drove up highway 176 to Inman areas, the snow line basically starts about 3-4 miles NW of me. At least I got to see some, still hopeful for the first imby flakes of the winter

HRRR and RAP both paint a 1-2.5" from eastern Greenville toward Gaffney. and Just west of 26 in the midlands.

Checking in from the northeastern shore of Lake Burton (Rabun County, GA)--our temporary home this winter.

We have had intermittent, light-moderate rain since late yesterday. As I type this, it looks like it's trying to switch over. I can't speak to what happened overnight, but the ground is wet. The nearby 1" report from the GSP spotter surprises me, although I'm not familiar with the micro-climate here. I know that across the mountain, in Tiger, there is a dusting.

Checking in from the northeastern shore of Lake Burton (Rabun County, GA)--our temporary home this winter.

We have had intermittent, light-moderate rain since late yesterday. As I type this, it looks like it's trying to switch over. I can't speak to what happened overnight, but the ground is wet. The nearby 1" report from the GSP spotter surprises me, although I'm not familiar with the micro-climate here. I know that across the mountain, in Tiger, there is a dusting.

Welcome. We need more posters from the Georgia mountain counties. Lake Burton is probably one of the lowest elevations in the area at 1866', so it wouldn't surprise me if there was an inch or more of snow above 2500'. That seemed to be where the transition was yesterday afternoon according to the radar.

My guess is that it came from someone up the mountain from Moccasin Creek SP. The park is lake level so they'd have to have better elevation.

Back