• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9 Wintery Weather Potential!

Was thinking about supper in Hendersonville but not sure it’s worth going up there. Be melted by evening unless they do get more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was thinking about supper in Hendersonville but not sure it’s worth going up there. Be melted by evening unless they do get more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WLOS just reported they’re expecting probably another inch before tapering off this evening. It’s still coming down good up here at work.

Last edited:
For the upstate crew, If you live east of Highway 25 in Greenville county towards Spartanburg and Cherokee counties you will likely see the backend band rotate through and drop 2-5 Hours of moderate to heavy snow and pick up an additional 1-2" as the NWS has stated and models are spitting out. West of there it is likely going to be over after these last couple of bands roll through.

Definitely big bust. Models 15-20 years ago you could bank on. Now they change non stop up to the day and majority bust. With all the technology in the world it seems models have gotten worse. 15 years ago the euro showed a storm 10 days out you could bank on it just about. ULL rarely work well for us and this one was one I never got excited over. To many what ifs. Frosty said it best earlier. When you have to depend on deform band you will be disappointed. Frosty told me yesterday this was going to be a big bust overall and it is. Some will do well but most doesn't seem they will. Never doubt a Snowman when he says bust.

Light rain this morning in Durham. Might be some sleet mixed in, too, but I’m not positive and it doesn’t really matter, anyways. All hopes are pinned on this evening.

Back