• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9 Wintery Weather Potential!

So unless more develops all those bullseye areas getting 4-8 inches between Asheville and Hendersonville busted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watch why you say, you will be called a clown and mocked by the mob....but yes, those busted big time. NWS out of GSP says that anything the ULL generates will be inconsequential to storm totals anyway.

All the models still bring the backside band through the Triad this afternoon. Our low off the coast will start taking shape right at noon and be sub1000 into upper 990 terriotory right after supper into Midnight. Untill then its weak sauce all day except mtns mostly. Heres the latest HRRR. I checked both Nams, wrf family , short range Canadian. All in lock step.
Heres the Kuchera off HRRR
1610109144325.png

All the models still bring the backside band through the Triad this afternoon. Our low off the coast will start taking shape right at noon and be sub1000 into upper 990 terriotory right after supper into Midnight. Untill then its weak sauce all day except mtns mostly. Heres the latest HRRR. I checked both Nams, wrf family , short range Canadian. All in lock step.
Heres the Kuchera off HRRR
View attachment 64217
and here is the newest 11z run. Dried out big time. The deform band is fizzling too.
snku_acc.us_ma.png

and here is the newest 11z run. Dried out big time. The deform band is fizzling too.
snku_acc.us_ma.png
OUCH! I didnt realize the tab on pivotal was set at 6z. Yea thats anemic and I'm not suprised. First time in a long while a system has rolled through and underperformed qpf wise. Honestly can't remember the last time coming off the almost wettest year on record here. Would pick todays event of all events to break the trend. if we would have been expecting nothing frozen, it would pour buckets. Every model Ive watched like a hawk was spitting out .5-.9 qpf here up until the past few hours.

Back