• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 8-9 Wintery Weather Potential!

Well I’ve put my ping report in here in Raleigh .. it’s RAIN at least I think .. I’m looking at the light posts out back and I see things falling but they are quick .. can’t be snow .. I have a feeling things will change looking at the correlation coefficient.. I’m down for whatever they wanna bring me .. I don’t need sleep

Im at 34/32 forecasted to bottom out at 35. Heavy precip bands keep coming and slowly bringing down temps, GSP says winds N10 and gust to 17. Im wondering how low we can get before the good stuff comes in later today. Nam doesn't look as good as the HRRR and RAP for later but is also starting off 2-3 degrees above what we're actually seeing. Later today should be very interesting.

Down to 37... still with light rain and a bit of sleet when the rates pick up. GSP has now extended the WWA east to include Union County for snow accumulations 1-2 inches late this afternoon and this evening.

Back