• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 3rd-6th, 2018 Winter Storm The ARCC/Xtreme Weather Special

Nam has to be in troll mode.... this looks great
7ea88f1628a251678ff2b9f4b9badff7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Why is nam doing that?? You think it would have precip further west.

Lots of convective blips in the SW Atlantic again. sfc low center well NE of previous 18z run.

Yeah that low goes from the S. FL coast like 150 miles Northeast in one frame, lol!

SC will be hit nicely, especially coastal counties. RDU to I-95 could be sweet spot. Wow didn’t expect this big of a jog west this early....

Ok SC the big winner this run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The low depiction is wrong with the double barrel. Expect actual precip further inland.

The h5 looked great for this system to go further west with the pieces of energy phasing even quicker on the 0Z Nam,compared to even the 18Z Nam. People though that it couldn't trend much further west.Again Northern Georgia ,Update South Carolina and maybe even Western North Carolina is not out of the game for snowfall!

SC will be hit nicely, especially coastal counties. RDU to I-95 could be sweet spot. Wow didn’t expect this big of a jog west this early....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the overall synoptic pattern is somewhere in between December 1989 & January 1940, thus favors a bullseye somewhere over the coastal plain or eastern piedmont of NC as of now, the models will probably come towards that w/ time. As mentioned earlier, even as far west as Charlotte & Greensboro/Winston-Salem there could be snow if we keep this up

Haha the 3KM nam has NO idea what to do with the low. It bounces all over the place cause it cant figure out where to place it with that crud out in front. No worries. It's close to a coastal hugger this run, in reality.

Back