• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

Seems like to me the GFS has been the most consistent (besides the one 00z last night) over the past several days when compared to all the other models in both amounts and placement.

Seems like to me the GFS has be the most consistence (besides the one 00z last night) over the past several days when compared to all the other models in both amounts and placement.
We haven't watched the NAM as long, but it is being consistent..the GFS has been all over the place...went horrible at 12Z, a little better at 18Z

0z NAM at 3k only seems to deliver snow for 2-3 hours for Central MS. That should be enough to at least accumulate something I guess. If it's going to be a short duration I hope there's some convective bursts in it.

If it weren't for this weird skip I likely believe would not exist, it's not that bad in the end.
snku_acc.us_se.png
No problem with that look, at all!

Sounding for central Alabama, this is very similar sounding that I had with a ULL back last December after the main event when it comes to the DGZ and column temps and a convective sounding, I got some hefty snow rates from that btw, up to 1.5 inch per hour
1718E23B-E9CE-4180-8891-AF2C6D082D7B.png

We haven't watched the NAM as long, but it is being consistent..the GFS has been all over the place...went horrible at 12Z, a little better at 18Z

The 12z GFS looked almost the same as the 18z:
1.2" (cobb) in HUN with the 12z and 1.5" (cobb) in HUN with 18z.
00z last night went way off like I mentioned but that's about it.

The NAM has backed off in the moisture and amounts on the new 00z, and watching it over the years, it seems to always overproduce snow amounts (especially at the end of the run).

Back