• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

12z Nam still wants to paste the I-85 corridor thru Georgia with 1-2".

I'm still maintaining that the best shot of accumulations will be along & west of the river. Cold push just doesn't get close to 85.

With barely a half inch?
Actually it's not as bad as TT depicts. A good inch and a half across ATL.
snku_acc.us_se.png

Boom or Bust potential is basically at 10 factor on this system at this point with potentially increasing qpf but also change up on the Artic front timing and temps could be mostly rain and a quick passover of snow not good or quick rain to snow and really really good?

Looks good for my area, some of the short range models are starting follow the south trend from the gefs.
hrrr_asnow_seus_30.png

Looks good for my area, some of the short range models are starting follow the south trend from the gefs.
hrrr_asnow_seus_30.png
Maybe we are getting out of the NAM's wheelhouse with this sytem and into the short range models. Maybe they will continue were NAM left off yesterday. :rolleyes:

We get your damn point . Post your BS troll posts in the right thread or enjoy your time off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I think it's pretty obvious where this one is headed. Cold air chasing moisture rarely works out even in places where it is cold w/o a corresponding weak wave along the boundary to overrun the front and sling significant moisture back into the colder air or at least withhold drier air from quickly filtering in further to the SE. This one could sting for many unless we get a dramatic turn around late in the game because after this front things look very quiet thru the first half of February.

Let’s just wait until the event is over before we start declaring model victories and yelling bust. Models are trending in the wrong direction, but with every snow event in the south comes surprises, whether for better or for worse. Just last week, places in Alabama got a dusting of snow when zero models said it was going to happen.

Back