• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

Not sure wth I just saw on radar near RDU a little bit ago, but there was a very suspicious looking & rather stout mesocyclone a few hundred feet above ground level near west Raleigh.

Lol this event just tried to produce a tornado here.

View attachment 14314
Wow! I'm not really surprised is it a strong cold front with some strong southerly winds out ahead of it and instability today. My weather station at the house still shows 50゚ with southerly winds and I'm currently 20 miles West of their and the temperature is down to 39.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm driving and shouldn't be doing this I know but is that bright banding on the radar back around Roxboro? Still will not be surprised to see it in with the little mix precip holding out to the last sec lol

I'm driving and shouldn't be doing this I know but is that bright banding on the radar back around Roxboro? Still will not be surprised to see it in with the little mix precip holding out to the last sec lol

It’s already east of Roxboro. This frontal boundary was even too warm for them..

I may be wrong though. Precip depiction on radarscope says rain but my local radar says snow for them

Down to 43 from 57 at 4pm don't think wev are going to make it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nah mountains slowed the advection at the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see some things don't change with the improvements in computer simulations. Models still over-estimate how quickly the cold air comes in at a 2-3 day lead. You never want to be dependent on a changeover.

Well, it was a big bust here in GA. Some of the mountain counties got a dusting, else where, some flurries here and there. At my location, there was very light flurries that didn't even last 5 minutes. Oh well, off to the Feb. thread.

Can confirm, not 1 flake in Roxboro! That’s how bad this sucked!

Back