• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29-30 Clipper

Snowfan

El Nina stinks
Reaction score
Since the GFS got the storm back, I thought it was time to make a topic.

Hm, NAM tries to get a bit wetter too. Not that this is a huge deal for most, but I wouldn't mind seeing some flurries.

Energy is really digging on the 12z GFS at hour 45. It's about 100 miles west of last run.

12z gfs a light dusting to many in tenn, northern ala and Georgia and NC

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

0ab690528c21f132a5bfd9ed8fdf30cd.jpg

I'll be happy with just seeing flakes fly through the air after all the warm temps lately. Anything else and I'll consider it a bonus. Going with this attitude means I shouldn't get to disappointed.

That look at 500mb vort, there would be more flizzard activity than what's shown as the cold really "squeezes out" the moisture in the atmosphere. Not quite sure it would be more than that further South for many, due to snow growth region being weakly saturated.

Tony, Chris, CAE peeps, we might can see a flizzle flarzard.

I thought the H5 improved noticeably. What did you think?
Yeah it did. energy was more consolidated and it was digging further west . problem is , the trough is still way too far east so we are left dumping our hope in an over preforming clipper vs a nice SE winter storm . Oh well, the trend has been a little more moisture each run. Hopefully that at least stays the same

Canadian model not too swooft, but again. Flizzard watch!

The 12z GFS is digging down deeper than 06z. The reason of this, is because of that ridge out in the Atlantic. It's little further south and west. This should allow the low to come about closer to the coast. The look on the 12z GFS has what I've mentioned yesterday...kinda. If that ample moisture out in the Atlantic comes over land this would be a bigger event but it's hard for it to achieve that with the off shore flow.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

That look at 500mb vort, there would be more flizzard activity than what's shown as the cold really "squeezes out" the moisture in the atmosphere. Not quite sure it would be more than that further South for many, due to snow growth region being weakly saturated.

Tony, Chris, CAE peeps, we might can see a flizzle flarzard.
Well I'll take it.

Looking at a sounding around the Columbia, SC region, there doesn't seem to be enough moisture in the snow growth region, so the ptype would likely be drizzle. :(

Back