• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29-30 Clipper

What?! Shocker!! Lol

Might be JUST enough on this frame to see something. Seems the further West you pull a sounding (used Lexington on this one), the better.
Still not great or anything, but dandruff watch.

gfs_2017012612_090_34_0_81_25.png

Didnt expect that
Don't expect that! That SW will be over northern VA before you know it. If only that piece over the SW US would have come out. :(

It appears that the 12 GFS/GEFS/Canadian/UKMET all dropped the energy in a little further southwest and stronger than previous runs. Maybe the new data can start a trend. I just want to see a flake!

This one actually looks interesting in Tennessee/the mountains. It likely won't be significant, but they're going to see a nice little event over there.

Now, it's a shame that a phase couldn't happen because that would've changed everything.

I actually saw about five minutes of Fluries this morning. I'm actually really interested in seeing how much snow I get out of this as the gfs has basically been showing at least an inch for me The Whole week. The euro has showed less but I believe last nights run was better.

I actually saw about five minutes of Fluries this morning. I'm actually really interested in seeing how much snow I get out of this as the gfs has basically been showing at least an inch for me The Whole week. The euro has showed less but I believe last nights run was better.

Positive trends last few runs

Euro has a dusting along the NC/VA border....maybe some flurries south of that.
Actually gets almost .1 qpf up this way but bl too warm thus not much more than a dusting

Is that improved from the last run? Thanks!

And yes this is improved over last nights run... I'll take any improvement

Yeah the BL could be a problem...its always something
Yeah what looked like a system that didn't have any moisture to work with might now have some moisture to work with but temps will be the issue.... meh watch it really ramp up and give us like .25 precip all rain. We've been kicked there before

is the clipper i see on water vapor moving almost due south from western montana into wyoming the clipper for this weekend? if so did models show it digging this far south at this time?

is the clipper i see on water vapor moving almost due south from western montana into wyoming the clipper for this weekend? if so did models show it digging this far south at this time?
No that one actually heads due south into the GOM, it's what generates precip in the gulf across C Florida, trough too pos tilt it never makes the turn to help us out. Our clipper is still well north of Canada

What you are seeing is this (using the NAM to show):

nam01.png

And then it ends up around here:

nam02.png

The clipper is swinging in behind. Could have had something great if the energy back in the SW corner could have done something.

Could be a surprise little system for central/north Bama.

Back