• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

I think we have the best chance to see snow fall, will we see accums? Gonna depend on timing and I'm not sure we can pull it of
Been considering a run up to the mountains this week to see some non liquid precipitation. But its even razor thin margins up there for this. Para has shown the most. Nam not impressed.

67DF76AB-B13C-4EC3-9238-7315C9CE1E72.jpeg
Something that interests me is this feature that’s been showing up on almost all the models of a sort of pivot deformation band from this slightly missed phased system ... temps are just too cold so close to the ground I can easily see a deform band of surprise set up snow for whoever it lays upon {12z ICON btw}

We are already higher than the forecast NAM high for today at 1051. We never got as cold at night either ! Baby steps ! Good sign for tomorrow ? 50 today ? Let’s bust high ! Gfs back to showing 70 for tomorrow as well. Rainfall doesn’t look to be as much as forecast today either .

fro, Is that colder air seeping in from northwest?

At first there’s some weak CAD 551CEF5B-42E6-43D0-803F-5F6910D2BA3E.png
Then as the system produces for the NE, we get the cold but they get the snow ?89A4FA61-B51A-42B1-91EA-C8CDB4C76505.pnggotta hope the euro sticks to its guns with some minor front end snow

Back