• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

I find it crazy as posted above that pretty much all these years harbored some major severe weather outbreaks, I know it’s not a slam dunk but geez lol, I wonder why La Niña is so effective at producing severe weather, I know it encourages a SER which is one peice E76E3F40-A0D5-4918-A687-74B150B35318.jpeg

Do I need to say it? I'm not entirely disappointed in what happens after the early Feb ridging. I might go ahead and start the Feb thread I don't think the vote is going to change
Imagine if we get a big trough to migrate (one that could give the SE us severe) and wavebreak under the block and form another intense -NAO

That would be awesome. We might be about to lose the -pna a bit too. Meh it's a long way away
It’s hard, because the -PNA is finally delivering the barrage of waves, but the +PNA had a few setups that could have really worked out, but yeah that stuff is super far out unfortunately

That would be awesome. We might be about to lose the -pna a bit too. Meh it's a long way away
As time goes on and waves shorten again doesn’t the effect of the NAO weaken the further south you are ? A -NAO in summer is different than one in winter , and a classic hurricane strike pattern .

Well , what can we do it’s what the models gave us . All the Mets bit on it as it was what the guidance kept showing.
Yeah the overall pattern happened, and it just didn’t snow, not a bad pattern but as always, need to get luck in the SE, now let’s hope that southeast ridge can verify

Yeah the overall pattern happened, and it just didn’t snow, not a bad pattern but as always, need to get luck in the SE, now let’s hope that southeast ridge can verify
I still doubt it will. The NAO is sticky and CAD is harder to erode than granite ! Well even if it does it will be warm at 5k feet above our heads only lol.

If the lag theory with the SSW is anywhere close to accurate, then the mid February period on we should eventually get pretty cold east of the rockies.

Back