• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

GOA ridge is the worst possible ridge you can get in the pacific, geez severe weather would be fun with this sort of pattern, but this pattern is honestly one of those that could shift to put us in the freezer or bake 98773A22-D6F7-41ED-B720-AB78005DF2DB.png

UK is an absolute bomb, drops 36mb in 18hrs, ATL-CLT to just off HAT. Some indication from both it and the NAM SLP gets cranking off the Crystal Coast. Column just crashes between hours 90 and 96. While the NAM/GFS both have energy displaced from the base in Central Appalachia, UK/ECMWF keep it semi-consolidated at the base of the trough access.

Severe weather look? I want our friends in Georgia to freeze their balls off this spring personally. I have suffered one too many cold Marches past decade that they avoided. Love the WAR! Keeps me warm and the rest of them cold. Thats a warm humid look.
Yeah maybe, and that’s a look where we can get the SERs that hug the Eastern SE (those can be very warm)

Yeah maybe, and that’s a look where we can get the SERs that hug the Eastern SE (those can be very warm)
Very warm and humid especially right along the coast . That’s a pattern where places like Savannah , Charleston , wilmington , and new Bern can push to 80 with moderate humidity and warm lows . Essentially early summer weather . Beach trip in February if that happens .

Very warm and humid especially right along the coast . That’s a pattern where places like Savannah , Charleston , wilmington , and new Bern can push to 80 with moderate humidity and warm lows . Essentially early summer weather . Beach trip in February if that happens .
Hopefully it happens we’re due for a big SER

UK is an absolute bomb, drops 36mb in 18hrs, ATL-CLT to just off HAT. Some indication from both it and the NAM SLP gets cranking off the Crystal Coast. Column just crashes between hours 90 and 96. While the NAM/GFS both have energy displaced from the base in Central Appalachia, UK/ECMWF keep it semi-consolidated at the base of the trough access.
Good analysis. I need AtL-clt- south of Morhead. Prefearably Wilm/Myb. Think that would bennefit you guys even more with that rapid deepening and no WAA worries. Put yall in sweet spot longer before pulling out.

I hope this upper low does keep shifting southeast just to prove it won't matter.
As I alluded to yesterday, even though that upper low is trending south hundreds of miles, there has been no change in the amount of low level cold air available at the start of this event. Without the surface high nosing in -- which would require the upper low to shift east hundreds of miles -- it is going to be an extremely narrow tightrope to make this work other than maybe a backside band somewhere in northeastern NC.

ecmwf_z500_mslp_namer_fh96_trend (1).gif

sfct.us_ma.png

sfcwind_mslp.us_ma.png

qpf_024h.us_ma.png

Back