• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

There’s a couple really solid members View attachment 67406View attachment 67408
Yeah I was looking at temperatures in a lot of these models and there’s a few things I notice ... the cold is going to be rushing in but will there be moisture left? GFS looks like it’s randomly dry as soon as conditions become favorable at 850 .. but I see temps in the 30s on a lot of the models when we have good amount of précis over us .. this is very very close to a crush job for NC ... I’ve been saying we don’t want to be in the jackpot at 140 hours

WOW I WAS TYPING UP THAT TWEET BEFORE I SAW THE UK ... yeah I swear this is like clock work with classic NC winter storms coming back in medium to short range
Shoutout for sticking with it, man. I fully admit I gave up after 12z runs today and now it looks like it has a chance, regardless of how it ends up.

Loving what I see on the UKMET! I read that the UK at one point had a bias towards placing features too far south, do yall know if that's still something it struggles with? Seems like the UK has consistently been modeling the storm south of the GFS, Euro, etc.

Back