• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

I rarely look at obs around the area if you hadn't said anything I would have kept moving right along
Well just checked obs around area .... Greensboro and Charlotte just getting below freezing now as are most foothill locations . Meanwhile Sanford to rdu to roxboro are some of the coldest spots outside the mountains . We have plummeted to the mid and upper 20s .

Well just checked obs around area .... Greensboro and Charlotte just getting below freezing now as are most foothill locations . Meanwhile Sanford to rdu to roxboro are some of the coldest spots outside the mountains . We have plummeted to the mid and upper 20s .
I still think it's an outside chance at 19 at RDU

This is our only chance IMO. Long, looooong shot. But you can see the colder air tilting southeastward because the high was allowed to nose in ever-so-slightly faster because that upper low didn't come east quite as fast. We probably need more than we can get, but.....?

gfs_Td2m_us_fh90_trend.gif

Back