• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

At least this is showing up
View attachment 67243

Yep. 12z GFS says we’ll be chasing another pattern change at the end of the first week of February. Let’s just hope this one happens. The mid/late January prediction by the models failed miserably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always prefer snows fallen 1st half met winter. They have more staying power,hang around longer. As we roll through the last week of Jan into Feb,the sun angle starts to get up on higher in the sky noticeably each passing day. Maybe we can pull the rabit out of the hat and catch one of those late winter,early spring bombs like 1980,1993. Ive avoided the shutout, glad to say never expierenced one. However its been since December 2018 since weve had a good snowstorm in my county. The patience is probably gonna have to last atleast 10 more months. Dont see anything promising past this weeks longshot thats fading away. Good news is I dont see any reason the season can be written off yet eitheir. Usually mid Feb you can see,have a good enough feel LR whether or not to throw in the towel.

Need a few runs like this to put NC back in the driver seat, but we've clearly made a move thus far on the 12z suite to make that happen down the line

After last night's runs, we were basically looking at the football-equivalent of being down 2 scores late in the 3rd quarter and the other team got the ball back and was driving down the field poised to score a touchdown. These run over run changes on the GEFS, GFS, & other models on today's 12z runs have basically indicated that the opposing team went into the red zone & failed to score any points & now we got the ball back with a minute or two left in the 3rd quarter. Gotta go down and score a TD here on this possession (i.e. this trend needs to continue over the next few runs)

1611423883341.png

Would be the most 2021 thing if we lost a warm day to a wedge, smh View attachment 67257View attachment 67258View attachment 67259
Seriously , I mean seriously . I can’t with this anymore man . Another wedge more cold rain and 50s while you enjoy warmth . This is backwards . Atlanta and Charlotte have mean maxes under 70 in January 81-10 believe it or not ! Raleigh though has a mean max of 72 81-10 in January . Yet we get screwed , I don’t believe in CAD anymore . Doesn’t seem to affect the areas you would think it does , instead Raleigh in the border of the coastal plain is the most CAD prone . The heck.

Back