• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Anyone else find it interesting that the GFS is the model that's so amped up? Usually it's the weakest at this juncture and then gradually finds it's way to the other models that are more amped up leading to that NW trend.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer here but this baby is headed North. Looks like Richmond and North, maybe even DC. One pleasant thought is if the location of the low is too close to the coast or even slightly inland, the "big cities like DC, NY, and Philly will change to rn/zr halfway through the storm
I don't find that pleasant. I'm rooting for snow for all the big cities.

No need to be all upset. The 6gfs looks a bit better and its still 5 days away

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_22.png

Damn I just look at that and hope there someway we can shift that monster south where it’s hammering NC/SC, we better hope for south trends with the H5 energy

It drifts ese from there. Wouldnt take much for alot of NC to get snow. Va Beach might get hurricane gusts.

Someone’s getting a blizzard warning with this thing .. the way models have it combing out .. someone’s getting a crazy deform band

Back