• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

The problem we run into w/ a stronger upstream ridge is that the downstream trough, while it digs more to the south which is good, it gets super amped, strengthens the warm advection out ahead of it. Oth, of course gives us a bigger storm to work w/ in general. Really need the vort track to be down near I-20
And the only way to do that is pray it starts off futher south back in the 4 corners or the tpv vort be futher south around hour 80 -100. Any other way to get it down to i 20?

And the only way to do that is pray it starts off futher south back in the 4 corners or the tpv vort be futher south around hour 80 -100. Any other way to get it down to i 20?

More confluence in the NE US & SE Canada to squash the SE US ridge. Strengthening the upstream ridge over the Rockies turns this into a bigger storm and increases the boom/bust potential. We keep strengthening that ridge the more this wave digs and amplifies it would actually turn better for us if it kept trending that way a few more runs but gotta get the track right

We have 2 options to score from with that energy in Canada and or course it has to be in the one spot where it royally screws everyone. No way our luck for winter weather has gotten this bad

Cmc improved from previous runs, still not there but a step in the right direction. GFS was an interesting run as was the ICON. Still some time left for models to shift better or worse. Tomorrow IMO is the day we should see things begin to shift and converge on a solution, especially 00z tomorrow night.

Back