• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Here is where I live circled in red. Always battling the warm nose if this did happen I assume we would get changeover to snow at some point.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
45fe210df8114d238fa7a42782f18573.jpg

Morehead City, Harkers Island?

You know what I just realized? Brick may have been right, it does need to be 70 to snow. The warm day has trended warmer ahead of the storm, while models trended also more towards snow. Could it be, that having a stronger ridge ahead of the storm has the downstream affect of more digging for our system? Or, the more the system digs the more upstream ridging? I think Brick was right.

Nice trends overnight. I like that the UKMET is closer to the GFS solution, and that the EURO trended to the GFS as well. From the overnight runs, I think eastern NC is put in a good place. Still not sold western/central NC will be cold enough when the low is in the gulf. Let's hope the good trends continue today.

Back