• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

I feel like March 1927 is wishcasting to an extent. Lots of folks are going to be disappointed if they associate that storm with this potential, even if it is a big one.

Well yes the exact amounts sure but you can not deny that this setup isn’t similar because it 100% is. Take the Mar 1927 storm cut the totals by 2/3rds or what not you’re probably not too unreasonable in terms of expectations. That of course is still a lot of snow.

Been saying this all along but if If we play all our cards right, a mar 1927 lite storm is on the table

06z gfs reiterates the face that eastern/northeastern nc is going to get hit hard.

What are the chances that ratios actually end up being 10:1 ?
Looking at the 6z GFS, surface temps are below freezing for the N. Piedmont into the N. Coastal Plain of NC. RDU looks to be 29/30 during a good portion of the event. So maybe 10:1 for those areas. **Of course atmospheric temps play a roll as well

6z Nam @ 84 Compared to the 6zGFS at hr 84. The Nam has the TPV lobe futher east out ahead. Has in the great Lakes area as oppossed to NW of there. If that booger is around it needs to be on top of the GL like Webber said yesterday. Id rather see it out of the continental Picture all together on the models at H5 like the GFS has shown personally. "Whatever It Takes" Hopefully we can thread this needle right. Everyone on this board is past due & deserves to get plastered once for a change.

Rah NWS putting out a HWO already for potential wintry is pretty bullish on their part. Rn/sn in forecast too.
Yep same for my location. Here's the HWO:

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
432 AM EST Fri Jan 22 2021

NCZ007>011-021>027-038>041-073>076-231200-
Person-Granville-Vance-Warren-Halifax-Forsyth-Guilford-Alamance-
Orange-Durham-Franklin-Nash-Davidson-Randolph-Chatham-Wake-Stanly-
Montgomery-Moore-Lee-
432 AM EST Fri Jan 22 2021

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central North Carolina.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Saturday through Thursday.

Low pressure forecast to track across the southeastern United States
will result in the potential for wintry precipitation Wednesday night
and Thursday.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation is not expected at this time.

$$

And here is RAH:

Beyond Wednesday, another upper wave will lift through the Plains
from the Southwest as a surface low again moves through the Deep
South and Southeast. There is again good moisture advection off the
Gulf with this system, but more interesting will be the potential
for some wintry precipitation over the area as the low moves through
the Southeast on Thursday. Obviously this will depend on the
temperature, track of the low and available moisture (all of which
are too difficult to pin down at this time). For now will continue
to watch this system but have introduced a chance for rain or snow
across the northern Piedmont and far northeast Coastal Plain.

Here is where I live circled in red. Always battling the warm nose if this did happen I assume we would get changeover to snow at some point.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
45fe210df8114d238fa7a42782f18573.jpg

Back