• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

So we’re 2/3 so far for winter storms on tonight’s runs. Hopefully the GEFS comes in similar to the OP
Is that all snow in the upstate or there mixing in the snowfall maps and do you think the high pressure will trend colder the closer we get so that ne ga can get in on it as well

When comparing 850, the UKMET is the furthest south. I remember it having a south/left bias, although I haven't really seen that for a long time. The CMC is an outlier for now.
View attachment 67020
UKMET is also the fastest, which may be part of why it was a little warmer (less time for cold to build in). Still looked like it was about to produce though with that northern stream about to dive in.

CMC ensemble snow mean looks better fwiwView attachment 67021
CMC op is a piece of absolute garbage. I am legit happier that it does not show the same solution as the GFS/ICON/UKMET - to me, that actually lends credibility to those solutions. And I'd say the same thing if it was the one showing what the GFS was showing. Last 4 runs are evidence enough that it has absolutely no clue what is going on regardless of how this ultimately plays out.

gem_z500_vort_namer_fh156_trend.gif

Just a quick reminder what mar 1927 looked like

?

Tennessee was nailed by that 1927 event as well. Chattanooga got 12 inches. 10 in Knoxville. Even as far West as Nashville got 4 inches or so. Was it just overall colder? Better HP to the north? Just wondering how close this might be on this side of the Apps and what it would take for a repeat of that here.

Tennessee was nailed by that 1927 event as well. Chattanooga got 12 inches. 10 in Knoxville. Even as far West as Nashville got 4 inches or so. Was it just overall colder? Better HP to the north? Just wondering how close this might be on this side of the Apps and what it would take for a repeat of that here.
I feel like March 1927 is wishcasting to an extent. Lots of folks are going to be disappointed if they associate that storm with this potential, even if it is a big one.

Back