• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Expect a lot of shifts but verbatim the risk area is now into the Low category for warning snow/ice for the mtns (esp northern mtns) into Virginia to start preparing and tracking. Advisory to rain east of NC mtns because I always shift the model output 3 or so counties north to be realistic even the day of works out >90% of the time.

Expect a lot of shifts but verbatim the risk area is now into the Low category for warning snow/ice for the mtns (esp northern mtns) into Virginia to start preparing and tracking. Advisory to rain east of NC mtns because I always shift the model output 3 or so counties north to be realistic even the day of works out >90% of the time.

It's way too early even for that, we could still end up getting mild(er) rain and t'storms for areas in the southern coastal plain or just a straight up historic snowstorm lol. Anything in between likely involves ice for many. It's all on the table atm

It's way too early even for that, we could still end up getting mild(er) rain and t'storms for areas in the southern coastal plain or just a straight up historic snowstorm lol. Anything in between likely involves ice for many. It's all on the table atm
Lol if our wave gets held back any and Most of the confluence/N/S gets a move on before our held back system arrives = wedges

We’re gonna see massive shifts both ways the next few days, just not one consistent one. just looking at it, it simply already looks difficult for models to handle, lol, I mean it’s a wave barreling through a ridge and some random N/S energy nearby/confluence
Just looking at the H5 there is just a ton of moving parts here. I noted 18Z has a stronger 50/50 as well, not surprisingly, plus there are a lot of S/Ws up in northern Canada that I am sure can affect the SE confluence, not to mention the strength of the NAO. Fun times

As uncertain as this setup is, the potential ceiling here is extremely high, especially in the coastal plain and eastern piedmont w/ the powerful coastal cyclone that cranks up late in this system's evolution. I've said this before a few days ago, but if we played all our cards right, a Mar 1927-lite event (i.e. slightly lesser version of Mar 1927) is certainly a very real possibility.

Back