• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Looks like sc might not see anything but cold rain
We're still 7 days out. We do have a high pressure pushing in from the north. There's going to be a lot of changes (good & bad) over the coming days. But something many have stated on the board, the models can be slow to depict the full affects of CAD. **I would like to see the high to the north trend a little stronger or a little more south. It wouldn't take much, and again we're still 7 days out.

For the storm we tracking mid next week. last night 0z Euro: Weak sauce qpf, in an out.
1611226614288.png

It's been briefly mentioned already maybe, but i think it's worth mentioning again. That first system that hits the Mid Atlantic and Northeast a couple days before our potential system for the Carolinas is a huge player in the cold air that will be available. A robust snow pack left behind from that first system will do wonders for our cold air feed. Something to watch out for, I think we actually need to pull for the Mid Atlantic and Northeast for that first system.

True but you never want to be south of the bullseye 7 days out either

I dunno the NW trend is usually a thing but this setup might actually see the opposite.....I wouldnt worry to much if I lived anywhere in NC and from the Triangle into the central coastal plains you got to like where we are sitting 6 days out....we just need that low to be 75-100 miles SE of Cape Hatteras moving ENE.....Webber makes a good point and there are times when the SE trend happens as the models come in with a stronger more southern high as we close in.....

Back