• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

I still believe that if we are going to get a substantial storm, it's going to "sneak up" on us. Meaning models won't start sniffing it out until 3-4 days out. The 18th time period is something to watch. As stated above, we just need more moisture.

As we’ve seen from today and as we saw from the Great Flizzard of 2020, the GFS underestimates advection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still believe that if we are going to get a substantial storm, it's going to "sneak up" on us. Meaning models won't start sniffing it out until 3-4 days out. The 18th time period is something to watch. As stated above, we just need more moisture.
I've been talking about this window for like 3 days now, so it if it's sneaking up on people, it's because they aren't paying attention. It's a pretty obvious opportunity if it'll just keep trending the right way.

Energy everywhere on the euro
904eda26e8c15879518c0b41bcc49c27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been talking about this window for like 3 days now, so it if it's sneaking up on people, it's because they aren't paying attention. It's a pretty obvious opportunity if it'll just keep trending the right way.

I think people are paying attention- but we are so used to getting these storms yanked from us that we are pretty much put up a protective snow barrier, so to speak. Lol.

In all fairness, it has sort of evolved but it actually is trending in an even better direction where some cold air may be in place before that second wave arrives.

Back