• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Definitely a difference, I like that look on the euro with that 2nd panel, pop a southern wave there and that’s maybe money B9860582-9FBA-44CC-8937-104ACECF05EF.pngA11C424E-F3AE-4AEB-A5E1-7D394FB015FD.png

Your saw what happened last year with no SSW and the PV was similar to the great jupiter storm. You aren't going to get high latitude blocking with a strong pv. If you can't get HLB you might as well move along

While we did have the PV locked away like the great red spot, but I've not seen any colder air or more snow this year with all this blocking.

Its a big bag of blah.

While we did have the PV locked away like the great red spot, but I've not seen any colder air or more snow this year with all this blocking.

Its a big bag of blah.

At this time last year you had a trace of snow in GSO, you've had 0.3" thus far so this is wrong. The only accumulating event of the year came on Feb 20th, it's also still January 10th soo...

Its a big bag of blah.
From a snow perspective yeah there isn't much difference between 0 and fractional inches. On the temp side Dec was 4 degrees colder than 19 and January is looking similar vs 20. I mean at this time last year I had some green bermuda grass still going and some greening back up. I get it though if the results aren't producing snow what's the difference

Disaster vs freezer. I noticed on the eps box whiskers yesterday that there was about a 45 degree difference between max and min highs in this time frame and about a 30 degree difference between 10 and 90%. Probably not a lot of middle ground either we ridge into Ak, pull the nao west and maybe trap a lobe of the pv over Canada or we trough Ak and SE ridge. Good times

I get that with the upcoming pattern it's possible to produce a winter storm. However with the changes the last couple of days, it doesn't look very likely to produce a winter storm IMO. To me that's my frustration. Maybe that's statistical semantics but that's my feel. Hate the western trough, hate the WAR poking back up rather than lower heights off the east coast and under us. Normal to a bit below normal cold CAN work for us, but it's the well below cold into the south east that make it much more likely....and we've lost that.

Back