• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2020 - Operation Thaw Alaska

264. Maybe a mixed bag in NC. Colder than 6z, but still not cold enough. Tracking specifics with so much happening before hand is pretty futile, but I want to see a big operational run!
Too much energy, GFS can't figure out which LP will be dominant.... had it right where we wanted it in C. Fl but then another LP forms along the NC coast. Cold air is close by and energy everywhere, we score with one of these no doubt

Don't sleep on that Low off the SE coast. It's been trending closer with a much better trough axis. This is the first chance that some of the ensembles have been keying on.
View attachment 30825
I like the trough axis better on the GEFS, could be some money members this run

1579020771122.png

Should a thread be started soon?
There are snow amounts for invidivual states(widespread amounts of 4-10 inches occured in Northern GA).

Here's a satellite view of the areas that had snowcover on January 11th, 2011.

image059.jpg

I'm not saying this storm will be exactly like that one...it just reminds me of this storm.
I had almost 11 inches just nw of Huntsville, including 4 inches in 1 hour..it was awesome

Back