• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 6-7 2022 Winter potential

Really concerned about ice. Kinda scary the flash freeze starts right after the buses are on the road. Around 5 to 6am Yadkin-Forsyth Counties.

1CA0F68D-A7CE-4338-AC23-1DD85618ECCC.png
What happened to this system? Barely any precipitation

The gfs has done better for my area now for the 3rd winter storm in a row since last winter. Even using the higher ratio version it was off by a good bit with the storm. The gfs was almost right on for multiple runs. Not sure if it’s just this area but the gfs seems much better after multiple upgrades over the last few years. Is this correct or just a lucky phase for the gfs in my area?

The gfs has done better for my area now for the 3rd winter storm in a row since last winter. Even using the higher ratio version it was off by a good bit with the storm. The gfs was almost right on for multiple runs. Not sure if it’s just this area but the gfs seems much better after multiple upgrades over the last few years. Is this correct or just a lucky phase for the gfs in my area?
Definitely for your area. Gfs went way overboard in snow totals in Roanoke the other day and wasn’t correct. Same goes for this system. It’s going to be wrong for this system as well for us.

Back