• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

Made a quick run up to the Smoky Mtns. On Sunday morning drove through Cades Cove. Had to take I-40 through to get to other side as 441 was closed. Ranger said 4-5 inches of snow at Newfound Gap ...I think had fallen Friday. Nothing on west side of mountains. As we came into Maggie Valley, nothing really there until you start climbing out of town. Socco Gap had probably 1-2 inches on ground... from earlier as we drove Sunday afternoon. Stayed in Cherokee last night. Very little snow was spotted Sunday in Cherokee, but woke to a very light dusting but no travel issues. Could see snow on highest peaks.

Wondering how west side came out last night. Gatlinburg webcams look clear.

A little flizzard action on today trip back to GA, but no issues. Counties to north in GA under WWW. But will see if verifies.

It was wet this morning, so I guess it rained here. Hoping for a miracle snow shower at some point tonight, but we’ll see. A dusting is probably about the best case scenario, anyways, so no big deal either way. I’m a street sticker or bust kind of guy.

Local NWS felt the need to put this out....

NCZ044-079-090>092-094-193>196-198-199-022100-
Pitt-Greene-Duplin-Lenoir-Jones-Pamlico-Northern Craven-
Southern Craven-West Carteret-East Carteret-Inland Onslow-
Coastal Onslow-
359 PM EST Mon Feb 1 2021

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for eastern North Carolina.

.DAY ONE...This afternoon and tonight.

Scattered snow showers or a light wintry mix will be possible tonight
and early tomorrow morning, but no accumulations or impacts are
expected.

Local NWS felt the need to put this out....

NCZ044-079-090>092-094-193>196-198-199-022100-
Pitt-Greene-Duplin-Lenoir-Jones-Pamlico-Northern Craven-
Southern Craven-West Carteret-East Carteret-Inland Onslow-
Coastal Onslow-
359 PM EST Mon Feb 1 2021

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for eastern North Carolina.

.DAY ONE...This afternoon and tonight.

Scattered snow showers or a light wintry mix will be possible tonight
and early tomorrow morning, but no accumulations or impacts are
expected.

Lol yep. The biggest reason I'm still holding off on making a map for this, damn storm doesn't wanna go away

Back