• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Using the HRRR and RAP soundings, we don't fully transition to snow here until around 8 am. After that, we might get a two-hour period of good rates while the lift is maximized, with maybe an hour or so of leftovers thereafter.
Remember when it was never getting cold?

Best chances is along Highway 14 and east from the Greenville county and Spartanburg county borders. Probably nothing sticks but definitely a couple of hours of snow is possible in Spartanburg, Cherokee, Laurens, and maybe Union counties as this thing pivots out of here.
Check out the hole over me and packfan98 lol.

View attachment 101331
Shetley jackpot! ☃️?☃️! Good to see rain is the only thing that misses his backyard

Latest NAM has a big fat 3 inches over my head. But gosh darn the gradient is so thin. 15 miles to the SE is nothing and 15 miles to the NW is 6 inches. Granted a lot of that is probably sleet but still conflicted on waking up early around 330 or 4.

Latest NAM has a big fat 3 inches over my head. But gosh darn the gradient is so thin. 15 miles to the SE is nothing and 15 miles to the NW is 6 inches. Granted a lot of that is probably sleet but still conflicted on waking up early around 330 or 4.
What time is is supposed to hit Atlanta metro?

Back