• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Absolutely buddy!! I’m in bluff park - temp just hit 43. Wind is telling me there is a lot of mixing going on which is indicative of dynamic cooling. We need precip to sock in to max out cooling and I think it’ll be one of those deals where you changeover really quick especially since we have no warming from daylight Anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this area after being in McCalla for 4 years. I am right next to the Preserve area. My station is 47, but it has been dropping like a rock.

I love this area after being in McCalla for 4 years. I am right next to the Preserve area. My station is 47, but it has been dropping like a rock.

I’ve seen times where there was snow up at 1100 feet at top of bluff park and rain 200 feet down near Vestavia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could any areas in the upper parts of the upstate see anything frozen out of this?

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Best chances is along Highway 14 and east from the Greenville county and Spartanburg county borders. Probably nothing sticks but definitely a couple of hours of snow is possible in Spartanburg, Cherokee, Laurens, and maybe Union counties as this thing pivots out of here.

Best chances is along Highway 14 and east from the Greenville county and Spartanburg county borders. Probably nothing sticks but definitely a couple of hours of snow is possible in Spartanburg, Cherokee, Laurens, and maybe Union counties as this thing pivots out of here.
A couple models have shown that finger of snow relatively deep down into the upstate as she pulls out. Not buying it but not discounting it either. Yet.

Back