• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Deform band still looks great for clt metro. Assuming we switch over it should be a fun morning.

hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_16.png

Deform band on the 23z hrrr starting to look more anemic east of the mountains compared to earlier runs.
Yeah I was worried about that, they rarely roll east and if they do it's drying up as the deepening slp pulls rapidly away

Deform band on the 23z hrrr starting to look more anemic east of the mountains compared to earlier runs.

Noticed that, too. As others have noted, the western edge almost always moves out quicker than originally modeled. Also, the change over to snow is almost always slower than modeled. For these reasons alone, expectations should be held in check here.

Yeah I was worried about that, they rarely roll east and if they do it's drying up as the deepening slp pulls rapidly away
Yes, I’m definitely concerned that if it actually does set up west of here like depicted that it’ll stall and/or die out as it moves east, like February 2014 did. I don’t have hope for more than white rain.

23z picked up on a dry slot to areas west of BHM and it really lowered the snow total, luckily it did not affect the metro, but that is something I would like to see go away. It was a rather significant decrease.

I HATE a dry slot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220102-183956_RadarScope.jpg
    Screenshot_20220102-183956_RadarScope.jpg
    800.8 KB · Views: 39
Back