• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Welp, we're not getting a 3/09 and any accumulations for our backyards is a stretch. That said, yeah, I'll be up late watching obs and radar lol. You know, hoping for that tail end of the deform band to thump is for an hour or so.
Yeah, I’d be ecstatic to get a back side thump!! We’re so due on this side of town…weather is cruel….I’ve fantasized over land in Waleska, Jasper etc…..

Yeah this is something I’m surprised hasn’t been mentioned more. I’ve had 2.3 inches of rain since 6pm Friday night and the creeks and streams close by are now swelling up. It should be interesting to see the drought monitor when it updates this week
At least a 2 category improvement for many of us I think.

Man, did you see those modeled 50mpf wind gust over our head right as the upper low is going by? Yeah, if there's ever a chance for some crazy, unexpected upper-level low shenanigans, this is it.
Yes, I’ve recall an overnight event from early 80’s where we received a very hard, wind driven and fine (in terms of flake size) that quickly accumulated for a very brief span. Maybe a 1/2 -1” during the complete 1 hour to hour and half span. It snowed sidewaysmanority of the event but was enough to get us out of school come mng?

GSP just put 1-3 on my forecast for Brindletown and has Little Switzerland at an 1in I'm confused. Something I miss?

More returns popping off In central miss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that you said “popping off” yea the UL energy still behind. Bhm needs heavy rates from now until that Piece gets here to cool and moisten the column before the UL gets ramped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back