• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Everybody waving the white flag here in Alabama? I'm not quite ready to do that

No, there is still energy that is chasing the wave from the NW, the models didn’t all completely whiff, still time for this to happen. That window is pretty small from cullman AL south but that’s always the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone in the Carolina's remember the Feb 2013 storm? I believe it was a ULL. It rained for most of the day and then in a matter of hours, changed to fatties. It wasn't even predicted until game time. It didn't stick to roads. But it stuck to everything else. It was beautiful. Maybe got 2-3 inches within a matter of hours. Not that this system is anything like this, but these sort of setups can end up surprising the heck out of those who thought they were getting nada.

Does anyone in the Carolina's remember the Feb 2013 storm? I believe it was a ULL. It rained for most of the day and then in a matter of hours, changed to fatties. It wasn't even predicted until game time. It didn't stick to roads. But it stuck to everything else. It was beautiful. Maybe got 2-3 inches within a matter of hours. Not that this system is anything like this, but these sort of setups can end up surprising the heck out of those who thought they were getting nada.
That was a fun one. I went from 45 and drizzle to 32 and heavy snow in a matter of about 20 minutes

That was a fun one. I went from 45 and drizzle to 32 and heavy snow in a matter of about 20 minutes

Probably one of my favorites just because it came out of nowhere. Then, of course, the following year during the same time we basically all scored. Hoping someone on this board get's a snowy surprise tonight into tomorrow!

I would definitely say there is upside bust potential with the deformation band, but where it sets up and how strong it actually is is anyone’s guess.

Also remember the insane deformation band that set up over the foothills on the tail end of the February 2014 storm? Areas like Statesville ended up with close to a foot IIRC and Mount Airy up towards Roanoke were measuring in feet. That wasn’t really forecasted well, either.

Of course, the downside bust potential is there, too!

I know we’re all talking about winter weather but NC has to watch out for some possible big time flash flooding looking like a long duration of just very heavy returns overnight and into tomorrow buckle up
Yeah this is something I’m surprised hasn’t been mentioned more. I’ve had 2.3 inches of rain since 6pm Friday night and the creeks and streams close by are now swelling up. It should be interesting to see the drought monitor when it updates this week

Back