• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

So it looks like it has underperformed in Mississippi with moisture outrunning the crashing column. Question is, will this trend continue into Alabama?

Something interesting to note I remember when this band was suppose to hit us in the morning time and now it’s looking to roll through later and later soon enough we might be snowing as the sun is setting and in that scenario we could have to watch for some black ice issues but this is interesting latest HRRR at the end looked like an absolutely mean deformation band about to roll through all of central NC

Something interesting to note I remember when this band was suppose to hit us in the morning time and now it’s looking to roll through later and later soon enough we might be snowing as the sun is setting and in that scenario we could have to watch for some black ice issues but this is interesting latest HRRR at the end looked like an absolutely mean deformation band about to roll through all of central NC
The less we can get this out of the daylight hours (or at least midday), the more it will help us (assuming it actually snows). Encouraging!

Yea people are freaking out. They just need to sit back and enjoy the show. Latest hrrr. View attachment 101265
It does appear tho that the hrrr is slighty to slow right now and maybe perhaps a bit to amped/slow vs actual OBS, still shows precip in MS while in reality it’s not far from exiting, looks like it did underperform in MS so far, should be interesting to see if the slowing on the radar will get it back on track in AL

It does appear tho that the hrrr is slighty to slow right now and maybe perhaps a bit to amped/slow vs actual OBS, still shows precip in MS while in reality it’s not far from exiting, looks like it did underperform in MS so far, should be interesting to see if the slowing on the radar will get it back on track in AL

Yeah it's for sure gonna underperform in Mississippi in general . Still temp issues in the NE part of the state . People can say what they want but this system is moving faster than the models were showing.

Will be interesting to look tomorrow and see which model did the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the ULL trending more positively tilted has really hurt us in N MS and AL. this sucks. I told most of my family that we would at least see snow though it may not stick.

ETA: I hope we at least see some backside flakes.

It looks like the ULL trending more positively tilted has really hurt us in N MS and AL. this sucks. I told most of my family that we would at least see snow though it may not stick.

ETA: I hope we at least see some backside flakes.
Bodes well for us NC folks let’s go but I’m sure everyone still sees flakes! This is a win

Back