• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Current 850 temps

850mb.gif

No snow but high winds all night here in Midlands of SC. Now add the 8th earthquake in a week. Been a wild night. Fortunately schools on a 2 hour delay due to trees down and high winds. Getting concerned about all these earthquakes recently. (Trees down from wind, not earthquake)

Update - Schools now cancelled due to power outages and continued high winds. Too high for school buses to be on roads.

Last edited:
From the looks of my hotel room window.,. Cherokee, NC doesn’t even have a dusting of snow.
Cherokee isn’t the best location in that area for snow. Just something about the microclimate there. I’ve seen times where Cherokee barely gets a coating while on the other side of Soco Mountain in Maggie Valley is getting plastered

Cherokee isn’t the best location in that area for snow. Just something about the microclimate there. I’ve seen times where Cherokee barely gets a coating while on the other side of Soco Mountain in Maggie Valley is getting plastered
Yeah can’t figured that. This trip was planned prior to the forecast just was hoping for a little something.

Back