• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Here in Triad, this is the worst wind Ive seen in years this morning during those storms and still outside, on way to work. Interested to see peak gust latter today, has to be 50-60mph.

Here in Triad, this is the worst wind Ive seen in years this morning during those storms and still outside, on way to work. Interested to see peak gust latter today, has to be 50-60mph.
Yeah, definitely feels like a tropical storm with the constant roar of sustained winds. Probably the biggest deal here instead of rain and snow. Very underplayed.

Yeah, definitely feels like a tropical storm with the constant roar of sustained winds. Probably the biggest deal here instead of rain and snow. Very underplayed.
Tried talking about this a day or so ago but got shut down and was told gusts weren’t over done per usual on models

Winds are howling right now above my head .. when you can hear it from inside the home you know it means business I’ve never seen so many wind damage reports on RadarScope before

I have a hypothesis that the UHI in CLT is slowing down the temp drop. I'm down to 46.4 from 47.5 like twenty minutes ago though.

I have a hypothesis that the UHI in CLT is slowing down the temp drop. I'm down to 46.4 from 47.5 like twenty minutes ago though.
I think it has to do more w the lull in precip currently. We get some heavy bands then it will plummet

Back