• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

It pushes some really strong rates through Alamance/Durham/Orange around 11-2PMish.
Yeah didn’t know what others were talking about with the deform band drying out or whatever .. usually deform bands at least make it through central NC .. can’t say the same for Eastern NC but this one still looking good for a great burst of snow and in the daytime so we can see the snow falling ?

Who knows what the Triad (NC) will see tomorrow. As it stands right now we are under a Flood Watch and wind advisory starting at 4am. I expect RAH will also issue WWA for their Northern and NW counties if the def band still looks imminent. The thought of heavy snow with wind gusts up to 45-50 mph is just crazy… but it could actually happen.

RAH issued a WWA for Person and Granville counties earlier today. I’ll be shocked if they expand it. I hope I’m wrong.

Coming down pretty good now in Walker county. The flakes are very small/fine. I was under the impression they would be big wet fatties. Anyway, Godspeed to everyone else on the board and hope you reel it in.

Back