• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

One thing I think will help with not seeing high level freezing rain accretion in the damming regions is that I believe this storm is going to have precip type evolution / movement. You're either going to be snow to sleet to frz rain.....or sleet to frz rain to rain. So, no long duration time when you are going to be stuck in the frz rain zone

I don’t necessarily think that potential busting of high temps today = early winter precip in the Atlanta area. It certainly can’t help us to be a few degrees closer, but I think it really comes down to how the wedge drives in this evening. That will tell the story imo. 3K NAM seems to have a good handle on temps so far which is funny cause in the short term it’s colder than the HRRR but long term it’s warmer tonight.
This ^100%. While it’s fine to get excited about your temps not getting up to what they’re expected to, the CAD push is the key, especially if you’re west of 75 & along or south of I-20

One thing I think will help with not seeing high level freezing rain accretion in the damming regions is that I believe this storm is going to have precip type evolution / movement. You're either going to be snow to sleet to frz rain.....or sleet to frz rain to rain. So, no long duration time when you are going to be stuck in the frz rain zone
Yeah, lets hope. It's concerning, though, with the expected winds. For my backyard, I'm hoping and praying for limited fzrn. I really dislike this type of precip. I'd rather just have plain rain.

We are surrounded, lol. HUN needs to get off their butts and do something.
270248121_1789571804586932_3333981789386766305_n.jpg

Back