• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2024

I think it's safe to say,
The drought is over...
I only need between 1.25 -1.50 rest of January to have 8+ for the second month in a row. That 4.1 in one day earlier this month did the trick.
Was thinking with 16 inches of qpf for Dec and Jan using a 10:1 ratio. MBY has had a shot at 160 inches of snow. And to date I have zilch to show for it. Swing and a miss all 160 inches so far.

I only need between 1.25 -1.50 rest of January to have 8+ for the second month in a row. That 4.1 in one day earlier this month did the trick.
Was thinking with 16 inches of qpf for Dec and Jan using a 10:1 ratio. MBY has had a shot at 160 inches of snow. And to date I have zilch to show for it. Swing and a miss all 160 inches so far.
You'd have bet huge bets that with all the below normal temps
(save the last 3 days) & above normal precip that at least one nominal event would've happened NW of 85.
?‍♂️?

Had an awesome first experience with some sea fog today. Left my house it was 84 degrees. As we approached the beach about 10 miles inland still we could see the fog bank. As we drove into it the temp crashed all the way down to 62 and at times we couldn't see the houses alone the beach while on the beach. It was quite a sight.Screenshot_20240126_182755_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240126_182708_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240126_181512_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got a shot at 13 inches for the month in the Upstate.View attachment 143502View attachment 143504
nervous-clap.gif

IMG_9415.jpegSnow #29 for the winter. Most have been rabbit trackers except for the 2 large snows last week

Snow #29 for this winter underway this morning in Western NC. Warnings and advisories up

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO NOON
EST MONDAY ABOVE 3500 FEET...

* WHAT...Heavy snow precipitation expected. Total snow
accumulations of 2 to 6 inches at elevations of 3500 to 4500
feet, and 6 to 9 inches above 4500 feet. Winds will gust 40 to
50 mph.

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO NOON EST
MONDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 4
inches, 6 inches possible in the highest elevations. Winds
gusting as high as 55 mph.

* WHERE...Avery County.

* WHEN...From noon today to noon EST Monday.

Snow #29 for this winter underway this morning in Western NC. Warnings and advisories up

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO NOON
EST MONDAY ABOVE 3500 FEET...

* WHAT...Heavy snow precipitation expected. Total snow
accumulations of 2 to 6 inches at elevations of 3500 to 4500
feet, and 6 to 9 inches above 4500 feet. Winds will gust 40 to
50 mph.

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO NOON EST
MONDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 4
inches, 6 inches possible in the highest elevations. Winds
gusting as high as 55 mph.

* WHERE...Avery County.

* WHEN...From noon today to noon EST Monday.
Been a banner of a winter already in higher elevations. You love to see it

Looks like most stations near Atlanta and through the western carolinas are still below normal for the month. I am very sure I remember several posters telling me that couldnt happen.
Yes, I was one of those that thought the warm spell would bring up our average. I was wrong and it did not. I'm still solidly below average this month and will most definitely finish about 4 to 5 degrees below normal.

What will Feb temps look like, I wonder?

Back