• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

I unfortunately still think we are probably gonna be stuck in this garbage pattern for the long haul. Could be a few bouts of cooler air and maybe a snowball’s chance in hell something shows up, but it’s objectively not a good look to give us a big storm.

Add at least 3-3.5 weeks onto Jan 25-30 & that’s about how long I suspect this is gonna last. We might be able to turn the tables in our favor sometime around the last week of February or early March, but I just don’t see a legit good pattern showing up between now and then.

I don’t think winter is over by any means, seems like it’s going to procrastinate down to the very last minute
6CCF30EA-D384-4E34-B13B-A38D32ABB913.png

I unfortunately still think we are probably gonna be stuck in this garbage pattern for the long haul. Could be a few bouts of cooler air and maybe a snowball’s chance in hell something shows up, but it’s objectively not a good look to give us a big storm.

Add at least 3-3.5 weeks onto Jan 25-30 & that’s about how long I suspect this is gonna last. We might be able to turn the tables in our favor sometime around the last week of February or early March, but I just don’t see a legit good pattern showing up between now and then.

I don’t think winter is over by any means, seems like it’s going to procrastinate down to the very last minute
View attachment 130248

Yeah I was thinking the same. Even in nature there doesn’t seem to be any rush to prepare for anything cold or stormy. I saw some mention if we were to get any type of winter weather it would be a CAD event and we sometimes score there. The wait and see game continues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I was thinking the same. Even in nature there doesn’t seem to be any rush to prepare for anything cold or stormy. I saw some mention if we were to get any type of winter weather it would be a CAD event and we sometimes score there. The wait and see game continues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most likely gonna need the wavelengths to shorten a lot late Feb or early March to break down the canonical Nina/-PNA look

Frothy 23 this morning..a little taste of spring this week esp down in Brunswick!View attachment 130249

Lol at the mower ad. They know what's coming

The GEFS extended + ECMWF weeklies going thru mid February make a lot of sense to me in the context of ENSO, subseasonal variability, and just stereotypical planetary wave evolution.

I think this -PNA transitions to more of a +EPO look as we go from early to mid February. Any cold air off to our NW probably gets increasingly bottled up into Alaska + western Canada & the SE US ridge flexes up the East Coast as the first half of February wears on, very typical of La Nina Februarys.

I honestly can't think of a much uglier look than this for the first half of February, but I'm not too surprised by it either given all of these things have seemed pretty evident to me for several weeks. This is the part of the winter where not being in an El Nino often comes back to bite you.

Winter isn't quite over yet tho imho

gfs-ensemble-extended-all-avg-namer-z500_anom_7day-1673654400-1675296000-1676678400-10.gif

The GEFS extended + ECMWF weeklies going thru mid February make a lot of sense to me in the context of ENSO, subseasonal variability, and just stereotypical planetary wave evolution.

I think this -PNA transitions to more of a +EPO look as we go from early to mid February. Any cold air off to our NW probably gets increasingly bottled up into Alaska + western Canada & the SE US ridge flexes up the East Coast as the first half of February wears on, very typical of La Nina Februarys.

I honestly can't think of a much uglier look than this for the first half of February, but I'm not too surprised by it either given all of these things have seemed pretty evident to me for several weeks. This is the part of the winter where not being in an El Nino often comes back to bite you.

Winter isn't quite over yet tho imho

View attachment 130258
Too early to look at next winter projections?

27 this morning, and stayed up and kept us from really bottoming out. Oh well tonight should be just as cold or cooler

Back