• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

For those of us looking beyond this weekend (you know; since we aren't included in this one), The GFS, Euro, and CMC all indicate a return to more normal temps as we get into the 22nd or so. We have a quick couple of cool days now with a quick warm up again and the SER staying put for a bit, keeping us in the predominately warm pattern we've been in all month. The models seem to be showing that potential pattern change as we get farther out, but no fantasy storms showing up yet. For us non mountain peeps, this potential pattern change may be our best window, and possibly last if February goes like most other recent ones.

There is a large difference between there and once you start heading up ski mountain road.
Considering driving up there tomorrow early morning and as many times as I've been to Gatlinburg I've never drove in the snow there. Do you know if Ski mntn rd stays clear? I want to avoid the tram if at all possible!
Edited to add, I can drive in the snow, more a question of if they close that road.

Considering driving up there tomorrow early morning and as many times as I've been to Gatlinburg I've never drove in the snow there. Do you know if Ski mntn rd stays clear? I want to avoid the tram if at all possible!
They usually do a wonderful job of keeping Ski mountain road and other roads around it in good shape. We will see what happens tonight.

Really? I'm in Lavonia and didn't know I should even be on the look out for a flake. LOL. Now I have something to do later. Obsess...LOL
I seriously doubt anything gets down to Lavonia but Clayton has a shot at some flurries later this evening.

I seriously doubt anything gets down to Lavonia but Clayton has a shot at some flurries later this evening.
Yeah me too but it's not going to stop me from staring at the floodlight just in case?
Also a few days ago, a guy at a local car dealership told my hubby when he was delivering a package that it's going to snow Friday. Hubs said "where you getting your info from (he knows what I already told him...no snow)". Guy said nowhere but we have inventory and every single time we do it snows. Sooo....If we have one stinkin flake it snowed again at inventory time as far as I'm concerned. Bahahahahah

Radar looks good especially upstream above this and that wind is howling. Gonna be some containment breaks 40EB01FB-3E36-461F-A3F9-17EB8292A5D6.jpeg

Back