• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

First HRRR that has over an inch of snow depth. Decent chance for the region to at least see some flakes fly.
snod-imp.us_state_nc_va.png

**IF** the hrrr is close to reality. Some of the soundings on the periphery of the pretty blue on the ptype maps are awfully close to snow. Likely would need rates, it’s all below freezing until right at the sfc, annoyingly.

**IF** the hrrr is close to reality. Some of the soundings on the periphery of the pretty blue on the ptype maps are awfully close to snow. Likely would need rates, it’s all below freezing until right at the sfc, annoyingly.
Yes. I clicked on the soundings for all of those areas in green and it's best guess precip type said snow. Unfortunately the surface was 36-37 degrees.

Yes. I clicked on the soundings for all of those areas in green and it's best guess precip type said snow. Unfortunately the surface was 36-37 degrees.
Ya but also again assuming it’s close to real life, someone prolly getting a period of rate driven wet dinner plate flakes

Honestly I think many areas where it’s green it’ll most likely be snow. We’re so cold right above our heads I doubt 37-39 degrees is enough to melt those suckers at the surface. And we’re in the middle of the night.. and peak climo? ? who knows man

Back